The state-of-the-art multi-spectral infrared technology of ESP Safety’s Model IPES-IR3 Flame Detector affords the highest sensitivity in detecting flames from combustible vapors gases within a wide field of view. It is preferred where UV in other detectors may be a problem with false signal triggers.
IPES-IR3’s advanced detection technology ensures rapid flame recognition and alarm signaling. In addition, IPES-IR3’s selective, multi-spectral technology virtually eliminates false alarms. It ignores false triggers from sources such as direct or indirect sunlight, arc welder flash, resistive heaters, fluorescent, halogen, and incandescent light.
IPES-IR3 sends an alarm only when data from three different IR wavelengths agree that a flame or fire is present in the field of view. Upon confirmation of flame or fire, the IPES-IR3 transfers alarm signals to receiving control devices located in control and operations rooms and to fire alarms and burglar/fire alarm systems. While operating, the IPES-IR3 transmits detector-status information via:
- 4-20 mA analog output
- A standard RS-485 communication channel under protocol Modbus RTU
- Relay outputs
The IPES-IR3 Flame Detector is constructed with an explosion-proof housing for use in hazardous (classified) locations. It meets the certifications and requirements of of FM Class I, Division 1, Group B, C & D, T4; ATEX and SIL3.
Features and benefits
- Drilling and production platforms
- Shipping tankers, freighters, and other vessels
- Fuel loading facilities
- Refineries, bulk terminals, and tank farms
- LNG/LPG processing and storage facilities
- Compressor stations and pipeline facilities
- Petrochemical, paint, and fertilizer plants
- Power plants and gas turbine facilities
- Transportation facilities (airports and subways)
- Oil and gas fired boilers / furnaces
- Aircraft hangars
- Multi-spectral IR detection provides the highest level of flame and fire sensitivity.
- Multi-spectral IR detection provides optimal rejection of false alarms.
- Power-on self-test and frequent sensor self-test ensure system integrity and correct operation.
- Heated optics, secondary heater function helps to prevent condensation problems.
- Explosion-proof package allows for hazardous environment operation.
- Tri-color status LED on the device is easily viewable for a visual report of the device’s operating status.
- Continuous monitoring of the optical path for obstruction or reduced transmission affords maximum reliability.
- Power consumption of <3W means low power costs, protection against surges.
- Digital, analog and relay outputs provide reliable status information across a range of communication formats.
- Industry standard for remote alarm and fault indication ensure reliability and consistency.
- Extended detection range provides a greater area of protection.
- 5-year warranty – long, reliable product life; low cost to operate over time.